HEL-STAR 6® Gen III Advantages
- Safety – The unique battery access design provides a curved profile on all sides, minimizing snag hazard. Velcro®attachment provides emergency peel-away from helmet to reduce potential for snag-related injury.
- Versatility – Up to four user-defined functions are available in a range of visible colors and IR signals, either flashing, coded or steady.
- Visibility – Omni-directional. Intensities can scaled up or down for special requirements. White flash exceeds FAA 3-statute mile requirements.
- Simple, Secure Operation – Switches are designed for positive operation by a gloved-hand, in the blind, with the helmet donned. Mode selection switch design options provide operational flexibility or strong security between overt and covert operating modes.
- Operating Extremes – HEL-STAR 6® Gen III is shock and vibration resistant, dustproof and open sea waterproof to 130 fsw (laboratory 300+ feet).
- Status Confirmation – Switch design provides visual and tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and operating status with no guesswork; visual confirmation prevents inadvertent battery discharge in the IR operating mode.
- Easy Battery Replacement -The single CR123 cell can be replaced in the field, quickly, without special tools.
- Field Reprogramming – Color, flash rate, and light intensity can be reprogrammed with a wireless handheld device (PIM). A default feature returns the unit back to original factory settings.