Design Features of the SRM 1216 include:
- Ergonomic compact design along with the flexibility of a detachable magazine provides unsurpassed firepower, force multiplication, and tactical advantages.
- Rotary, Detachable high capacity magazine holding 8, 12, or 16 rounds of either 2 3/4 or 3 inch shotshells.
- Semi-automatic action that self feeds following the rotation of the quad-tube, revolving magazine.
- Roller delayed action provides fast cycling and reduced felt recoil.
- Overall length of the 1216 model is only 34 inches with a standard 18 inch barrel, but the more compact 1212 (13″in barrel) and 1208 (10″in barrel) are available.
- An integrated picatinny rail combined with a three face handguard rail offers the shooter a broad range of options for mounting optics, sights, lights and other tactical accessories.
- Pushpin disassembly and break open design allows for easy field stripping and maintenance.
- Ambidextrous receiver and controls can be set up for either right or left handed shooters.